1. Debunking the Motivation Myth: Understand that motivation isn't something you have or lack. It's not a prerequisite for action but rather the result of it, stemming from small successes and forward momentum.
2. Creating Your “Why”: Having a clear and compelling reason behind your goals makes the journey purposeful. Ensure that your “why” is powerful enough to drive you through challenges.
3. Start Small and Start Now: You don’t need to wait for motivation to strike. Initiate action with small, manageable steps and witness how motivation follows.
4. Celebrate Progress: Acknowledge and celebrate every bit of progress, no matter how small. These accomplishments fuel further actions and breed more motivation.
5. Setting Achievable Goals: Clearly defined, attainable goals pave the way for consistent progress. Design your goals to be SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound).
6. Developing a Routine: Creating and sticking to a routine fosters a stable environment where motivation can thrive. Consistency is key in maintaining progress and building momentum.
7. Maintaining Accountability: Keep yourself accountable for your actions and progress. An accountability partner or system can significantly enhance your journey towards your goals.
8. Sustainable Pace: Ensure that your efforts and actions are sustained by establishing a pace that is neither overwhelming nor underwhelming, balancing ambition with realism.
These insights are from the book "The Motivation Myth" by Jeff Haden, and presented to you by Omar’s Desk. Embark on your journey, starting with a single step, and let the motivation follow, propelling you towards your goals!
PS: I had to lean on discipline to write this most. Now I am motivated to write my next one!